10 Reasons You’re My Hero
Thanksgiving is just a few days away and I was thinking about all the reasons I’m thankful for you this year. Our mission is to encourage, equip, and empower your persecuted brothers and sisters in Myanmar. In so many ways, that’s what you do for us every day. So, here’s my top ten reasons I’m thankful for you in 2018…
I AM THANKFUL FOR YOU BECAUSE…
- You feel connected to the poor and persecuted in Myanmar and are making a difference in their lives. They are not statistics to you, but real, hurting families crushed and oppressed by Satan.
- You realize none of us are promised tomorrow and are doing things to help others today. We have a long way to go, but lives are better today because of you.
- You are thankful for the blessings you have received in life and know the value of giving to others. Givers-in-life are the most fun people to be around.
- You are drawing closer to Jesus each day and have His heart for the nations. Jesus cried over Jerusalem and I know He cries over Myanmar.
- You are less interested in buying stuff and more interested in storing up treasure in heaven. Your eternal bank account is going to be huge!
- Your heart breaks for the broken-hearted, you feel their pain, and you want to give them hope.
- You love the orphan and the widow – the sign of true religion.
- You let us share the pain and the triumphs with you because we know you can handle the pain, and we know you give because you look at the triumph you know can happen.
- With your help, the mission continues to gain ground and push the darkness back in Myanmar.
- Pastors are equipped, orphans are fed, lepers are given hope, and the traumatized are healed because of you.
We all get down from time to time. But I wanted to remind you that you matter and are making a difference in this world. I’m glad God brought us together as partners in this mission. This Thanksgiving, I will be spending time in prayer thanking God for you. Lift up your eyes, our redemption draws nigh!